TransAsia Lawyers is a leading Chinese law firm established by attorneys who have been advising clients on their investments into and out of China since the early 1980s. We enjoy a reputation for providing quality, efficient and practical legal advice.
TransAsia maintains offices in Beijing, Shanghai, Hong Kong (associated) and Tokyo (alliance), and has a team of approximately 80 lawyers and professionals. The majority of our attorneys are admitted to practice in Mainland China; others are qualified in the U.S., Australia and Malaysia.
We are one of only a few PRC law firms with a dedicated practice in Outbound Investment. Drawing on our extensive network of international alliances, and our capabilities as a bilingual and multicultural Chinese firm, TransAsia provides domestic buyers and foreign sellers alike with seamless, practical and authoritative advice on all aspects of their cross-border transactions.
TransAsia is proud to maintain close working relationships with various key Chinese government agencies. We are often called upon by them to advise on our areas of expertise, to comment on new regulations and to produce the official English transactions of new legislation.
In addition to our client work, we publish authoritatively and regularly hold workshops and conferenceas in our specialised areas.
Client Services for Outbound Investments
- Partner identification and selection
- Comprehensive legal due diligence and analysis
- Structure and implementation of investments and financing arrangements
- Establishment of corporate entities
- Advice on regulatory and compliance issues, governmental approval procedures, licenses and permits
- Assistance with government relations in China and abroad
- Advice on operational issues such as intellectual property protection, crisis management, environmental issues, community relationships and dispute resolution
- Advice on greenfield projects, as well as investments in existing mines, mills and other businesses
- Advice on anti-monopoly issues, financial reporting requirements, anti-bribery rules and other corporate governance matters
- Advice on all manner of employment issues, including the secondment of Chinese management personnel overseas, retrenchment and labor disputes
- Advice on customs and foreign exchange procedures
- Management of the selection and use of foreign counsel in target jurisdictions
- Yancoal Australia: AU$8bn merger with Gloucester Coal and re-listing on the ASX
- Oz Minerals: A$ 2.6 bn asset sale to China Minmetals
- Minerals and Mining Group (Australian subsidiary of China Minmetals): general corporate matters and restrictions for listing on the HKSE
- MCC Overseas: EPCM contract for a coal project in Indonesia
- China Three Gorges: US$ 100 m investment in EU solar energy industries, as part of a US$ 2 bn investment
- China Shenhua: AUD 300 million acquisition of the exploration rights of the Watermark coal project in New South Wales, Australia
- China Huaneng: bidding for a coal mine in Western Australia
- Jizhong Energy: initial investment in a coal mine in Australia
- Indophil Resources: AUD 545 million takeover bid by Zijin Mining Group
- Hebei Iron & Steel Group: investment in a listed Chilean company and with related off-take agreements
- SEPCOIII: offshore EPC projects of coal fired power plants in Southeast Asia, the Middle East, and Latin America
- Shanghai Construction Group: a long-term lease of a site for the development of luxury hotels and villas in Monrovia, Liberia
- China Africa Development Fund: investment in Africa projects (involving more than 14 African countries)
- A Chinese state-owned conglomerate: bidding for shares of a Brazilian Mining company
- Qingdao McDermott Wuchuan Offshore Engineering Co., Ltd (a Sino-foreign JV between China Shipbuilding Industry Corporation and JR McDermott): RMB 1.3 billion term loan facility from the Agricultural Bank of China
- China Development Bank: financing and refinancing Chinese companies outbound investment transactions
Recent Awards & Honors
For more information about our firm and our professionals we invite you to visit our website at www.TransAsiaLawyers.com.
ChinaGoAbroad (CGA) is the first membership community dedicated to cross-border investments involving China. The website consists of an online information platform (with investment portfolio) and an offline consultancy service for handling investment opportunities.
CGA offers information and advisory services to corporations, government agencies and high-net worth individuals. We encourage our members to interact, exchange expertise and share their experience.
For more information, please visit www.ChinaGoAbroad.com